Grainfather Conical Fermenter – Pro Edition
Ferment like never before! The Grainfather Conical Fermenter gives the brewer professional fermentation control, just like the commercial breweries. Fermentation is arguably the most important part of producing a good quality beer. A good fermentation environment starts with a clean and sterile fermenter, has a consistent controlled temperature base and exposure to oxygen is minimised.
The Grainfather Conical Fermenter provides you with a modular system for all of this and more! The basic unit provides a professional quality fermentation environment for any beer style and a range of add ons are also available to further enhance the fermenter, depending on your stage of brewing and your budget allows.
• Double Walled: A stainless steel double walled skin is filled with a thick layer of polyurethane foam for insulation. This is what keeps the wort at a constant stable temperature with minimal influence from any external environmental temperature changes, providing insulation for your fermentation that a standard jacket cannot achieve.
• Integrated Gentle Heating: In the cavity of the fermenter between the outer body and cone sits a 30 Watt, 12 V heating element. Unlike standard heating elements/sources that directly heat the liquid, this heat source is designed to heat the environment in between the walls of the fermenter, which in turn heats the liquid. It is similar to controlling the temperature in a temperature controlled room. The fermenter acts as an artificial environment which can be heated, meaning the temperature is raised in an even and controlled manner which is much better for the yeast.
• Integrated Cooling Sleeve: In between the two stainless steel walls sits a cooling sleeve (also made of stainless steel). This cooling sleeve is welded onto the inner wall of the fermenter and can be hooked up to the additionally purchased Glycol Chiller. Temperature is dialed into the Temperature Controller and as the cooling liquid travels through this sleeve, it cools the stainless steel which in turn evenly cools the beer in the fermenter. The cooling sleeve never comes into contact with the beer, it is completely concealed, built into the fermenter and never needs cleaning or sanitising – a true innovation for a fermenter of this scale.
Easy Access to the Interior for Hassle Free Cleaning: The Grainfather Conical Fermenter has a smooth interior with no additions such as cooling coils or additional sampling valves meaning it is easy to clean and minimises the risk of infection.
Golden Angle Conical: The conical shape of the fermenter is typical for professional breweries. Our conical has been designed with the ‘Golden Angle’ of 60º. This is the optimum angle for yeast and sediment to drop down to the bottom of the cone without getting stuck to the sides, allowing you to transfer from above the sediment line, resulting in clearer beer. The conical shape also allows for better mixing during fermentation due to the path of convention currents that it enables to occur.
• Conical Fermenter
• Fermenter Lid
• Rubber Bung
• Bubbler Airlock
• Cone Plug
• Cone Plug Seal
• 5 cm (2″) Tri Clamp
• Digital Temperature Display (does not control temperature, Temperature Controller available separately)
• Powder Adapter and Wall Plug
• 2 m (6.5 ft) M12-3PIN Power Cord
• Dual Valve Tap
• Digital Temperature Controller
• 304 Stainless Steel Body (polished inner and brushed outer)
• 30 L (8 US Gal) capacity (volume markings on inner body up to 25 L (7 Us Gal)
• 30W, 12V heating power
• 3.8 cm (1.5″) ferrule on lid (for pressure transfer attachments)
• 5 cm (2″) ferrule on bottom of cone
• Dimensions of Conical Fermenter:
Diameter with handles: 360 mm
Height (without airlock): 910 mm
Height with bubbler airlock: 1090 mm
• Dimensions of Carton
368 mm W x 325 mm L x 905 mm HFerment like never before! The Grainfather Conical Fermenter gives the brewer professional fermentation control, just like the commercial breweries. Fermentation is arguably the most important part of producing a good quality beer. A good fermentation environment starts with a clean and sterile fermenter, has a consistent controlled temperature base and exposure to oxygen is minimised.